Farm Share (Large)
Farmily Share (Large)
Thank you for checking out our Farmily Shares!
Our Fall 2022 Farmily Shares are not yet available for purchase. If you're interested in getting on our Share waiting list, please email your name and phone number to: email@example.com. Thank you!
These LARGE Farm Shares are available on a first come/first served basis.
What is our "Farmily"? The Balm+Honey Farmily is for people who are serious about buying and eating healthy, local, clean food. Members of our regular CSA Farmily pay up-front monthly for portions, or "shares", of our vegetable, herb and flower harvest.
What a "Share" is: the Balm+Honey Farmily Share is a weekly (or bi-weekly) box of just-picked, seasonal vegetables and herbs straight from our chemical-free, nothing-but-natural fields. Each box will contain farm fresh eggs and 5-10 produce items that will feed 3-6 people and can be taken home and immediately eaten fresh or cooked... or can be frozen or preserved. By purchasing this Farmily share, you are taking control of your health by eating the freshest, cleanest, most local food available. You're also getting the opportunity to get to know your farmer on a first name basis!
When you purchase a Farmily Share, you are participating in what is commonly known as a CSA- or a Community Supported Agriculture program. Joining a CSA means means that you share in your local farm's harvest and share both the rewards- and the risks- of eating locally. Trust us, it's worth it. While you don't know where the food you buy at Walmart comes from, how it was grown, or how it's been handled, you do know that when you buy a B+H Farmily Share.
Here is what we have planted for the Summer 2022 Farmily Shares:
- Green Beans
- Purple Hull Peas; Zipper Cream Peas
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Slicing Tomatoes
- Yellow summer squash
- Pinto Beans
- Lima Beans
- Herbs (Chives, Cilantro, Mint, Rosemary, Thyme)
Items will be available subject to harvest dates, crop success, and yields. If any/some of these vegetables are unfamiliar to you, trust us: that's the fun! Trying new organic vegetables and finding new favorites is half the fun of getting a regular farm share.
Farmily Shares are a good idea for local folks who:
• want to enjoy truly fresh, seasonal food... and have an appetite for varieties or quality not available at local grocery stores
• need access to clean, organically-grown produce for health reasons
• have a desire to work in the dirt, volunteer in the local food movement, or go "back to the land" and experience farm life without the overhead and responsibilities of actually running a farm
• desire to experience firsthand, or show their children firsthand, how food is grown and where their food comes from
• want to reduce the amount of food miles their food travels. (The average produce item in the US travels over 1500 miles before it's consumed.)
• seek to benefit from a nearby farm community where like-minded folks can share recipes, ideas and knowledge while they share our farm's vegetables!
Farmily Shares may not be the best fit for those who:
• want every type of vegetable, every week. Our Farmily shares contain fresh, in-season produce only, as nature intends and as our great-grandparents ate. Eating seasonally means eating crops that are ripe at that point in the season. This means that carrots are plentiful from late fall to spring, but not in July. The opposite is true, then, for squash and beans. If you tend to eat a limited selection of specific produce year-round, you may be disappointed with seasonal produce or may be unfamiliar with how to cook it or incorporate it in your diet.
• demand common, picture-perfect vegetables that look like they were raised in a laboratory. Our veggies are natural and organically-grown, but sometimes that means the tomatoes are misshapen or onions are smaller or larger than you see in the store. And we love our GMO-free, heirloom food that way! If you don't like that, though, farm produce may not be a good fit for you.
• Balm+Honey Farm is a beautiful, happy place! We prefer members who are pleasant and positive and possess some of that pioneer, can-do spirit. While we always welcome constructive feedback and suggestions, we appreciate members who remember that we work our tails off in the blazing Texas summers and the coldest February rains in order to offer our customers delicious vegetables and herbs, beautiful flowers, and the best raw honey around!
We love informed consumers. If you have questions or would like additional details about our Farmily Shares, please contact us directly. Thank you for checking us out, and we hope to see you at the farm and market soon!
- Matt and Brin Nichols